Painting and Sketching Watercolor Workshop With acclaimed Judi Betts, AWS, NWS Texas Style at the *404 Ranch* November 4 – 9, 2018
Ways to develop your own personal painting style will be explored by this master of creativity and expression. Variation and simplification in design, influence of color, and the use of abstract images are some of the essentials which will be explored. You will learn to see and understand Judi’s concept of “magical shapes”; as well as discover new ways to see and capture mood and emotion. The workshop’s focus is to assist the artist in creating their own expressive paintings.
* Experience Judi‘s creative & artistic abilities along with the southern hospitality on a working ranch.
* Lodging provided in Ranch/Bunkhouse
* Sunday, November 4th, arrival between 2:00 pm & 6:00 pm
* Classes begin Monday morning 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
* Classes end on Friday at 4:00 pm. After critiques, Dinner Celebration.
* Fee: $850 Includes 5 days of workshop Food & Lodging for 5 to 6 nights
* Meals provided except for one evening out at a near Location.
*Class limited to 15 and is expected to sell out quickly. Don’t delay in reserving your place.
* $400 deposit – ASAP or no later than September 24, 2018 to Jackie Railsback (Ranch Owner/Host), 2520 Norwood Dr., Hurst, TX 76054: firstname.lastname@example.org, 817-657-8691 or Judi Betts at email@example.com. Deposits are Non-refundable after September 24, 2018.
Check out Judi Betts web site at:www.judibettsaws.com. If you have questions for her call 225-926-4220, mail Judi Betts P.O. Box 3676, Baton Rouge, LA 70821, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The *404 Ranch* is located About 65 miles west of downtown Ft Worth, about 95 miles west of Dallas and 21 Miles north of Stephenville on Hwy 281. You will be provided a map & GPS to gate of property.
“The Judi Betts Workshop is more than educational, its entertaining! Judi’s techniques can be applied with a seasoned painter that draws well or a novice just starting out! As an artist I have used her techniques and incorporated them into mine and loved the results. Judi is a great teacher and willing to work one on one!
While taking this amazing course the accommodations are amazing as well!!! It is a large, airconditioned well-lit room and makes painting perfect! Judi’s quips and stories makes learning conditions perfect. Three delicious meals are enjoyed daily and end of the day sunsets are superb. I have taken twice and I can say each time I learned and enjoyed the ranch experience.” Jean Lewis
“This is more like a retreat; painting, fellowship, eating and having a great time with Judi, a wonderful artist.” Jackie Railsback
The ranch house was recently remodeled inside and out and a 30’x30′ attached studio added, which is where the workshop will be conducted. This is a working ranch but, as you can see from the pictures below, this is not your run-of-the-mill ranch house.